We are openApril 21, 2020
What are your rights when it comes to forced COVID-19 testing?May 12, 2020
Dear Valued Client
On the 01st May 2020 our country and province entered into Level 4 of the COVID-19 lockdown. The regulations were amended and gazetted which now allows for legal practitioners to be included as essential services as well as the opening of the Courts, Deeds Office and Masters Office, albeit on minimal operating scale as the fight to stop the spread of the virus continues.
MHI fully supports the government with the phased in economic approach and would like to advise our valued clients of the measures we have put in place to ensure the safety of our staff and clients:
1. COVID-19 Safety Protocol
- Our staff are set-up to work from home but will have one third of our staff at the office on a rotational basis in order to maintain social distancing principles at all times.
- Fabric masks are worn by our staff at office and on their commute to work.
- We provided each employee with two fabric masks and a tutorial on the use and cleaning of the masks.
- The COVID-19 safety measures have been continuously trained to our staff: 20 seconds washing of hands, sneezing or coughing into the elbow and keeping 1.5 metres away from the next person.
- All work surfaces, equipment, consultation rooms and shared spaces are disinfected regularly.
- Staff members over 60 and/or with underlying comorbidities will be required to work from home.
- Any employee who is ill or showing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, will not come to work.
- Screening of our staff will be done daily to ascertain whether they have any COVID-19 symptoms ie. fever, cough, sore throat, redness of eyes, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing.
2. Client Consultations
- Modern technology allows us to have live consultations without having to meet face-to-face.
- Legal documents will need to be signed and the original thereof too, for this reason, consultations should take place at our office but provision has been made to ensure physical distancing between staff and clients.
- Should you have any objections to signing documents at our office, we are able to assist to have the documents couriered to you, with explanation of documents being done via live video call.
- In line with the amended regulations, all clients entering our office will be required to wear a mask and undergo a screening questionnaire as well as temperature reading.
- We ask that only persons required to sign the necessary documents should attend our office and that children and any additional persons please stay home.
- When you arrive at our office please remain in your car and call our reception, we will then advise when you can enter our office.
- We will also not be offering any beverages during this time to ensure that clients and staff have least exposure to surfaces.
3. Courts, Masters Office and Deeds Office
- Our essential services are entirely dependent on the operations of the courts, masters office and deeds office.
- These institutions will advise how they will operate and to what extent; as soon as we receive communication on their operations, we will advise each client on their specific matter.
This is a trying time for all of us but we adhere to the regulations of our country and we are unified in doing all in our midst to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. Thank you for your continued support, we will overcome and rise stronger from this.
This article is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied on as legal or other professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein. Always contact your legal adviser for specific and detailed advice. Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)